A premises is liable to be disconnected on the following grounds:
- Consumer is a defaulter in making payments of the electricity bill(s);
- Consumer is involved in theft of electricity;
- Consumer illegally reconnects his electricity connection;
- Consumer has extended his load beyond the sanctioned load.
- Consumer has made a request for disconnection.
- Consumer is involved in misuse of tariff or using electricity for purpose other than for which the connection was sanctioned, as explained at Clause 7.5.1.
- Consumer has not submitted fresh bank guarantee within 30 days of expiry of the previous bank guarantee.
- The consumer is bound to pay the electricity bill within due date as specified in the bill or with the late payment surcharge if paid after due date. The connection
shall not be disconnected if any consumer fails to deposit the current month bill provided that there are no outstanding dues.
- In case of non-payment of the previous month bill, DISCO (DISCO to insert its name) shall issue notice of clear seven days along with the second month bill to
the defaulting consumer to either clear the outstanding dues with the second month bill or face disconnection. The notice may also be printed/stamped on the
In case of non-receipt of payment and upon expiry of the due date given on the
second month bill, the supply of the defaulting premises shall be disconnected.
In such cases the disconnected supply shall not be reconnected or restored by
DISCO (DISCO to insert its name) until full payment along with late payment
surcharge or payment in installments (allowed by the DISCO) has been made by
If the consumer fails to pay the bills of third month along with arrears of previous
two months within due date given on the third month bill, DISCO (DISCO to
insert its name) shall issue Equipment Removal Order (ERO) and remove the
metering installation/ material and shall allot permanently disconnected code.
The electric supply will only be restored upon payment of all outstanding dues
(in full or installments) and completion of other codal formalities given in
Power supply of the consumers who are allowed by DISCO (DISCO to insert its
name) to make the payment in installments shall not be disconnected provided
the consumer is making payment of the installments. However, if a consumer
further defaults in making payment of installments, the power supply of such a
consumer shall be disconnected without any further notice and shall only be
restored after receipt of all arrears.
Power supply of a defaulting consumer shall not be disconnected who has lodged
a complaint/petition against any wrong billing or any dispute relating to the
payment of electricity bill with NEPRA wherein restraining orders have been
issued. However, the consumer will continue to pay current bills regularly.
If a consumer extends the existing load beyond the sanctioned load, a notice shall
be issued to the consumer to apply for extension of load. The consumer shall
apply for extension of load within fifteen days of the receipt of the notice. DISCO
(DISCO to insert its name) shall disconnect the power supply if the consumer
fails to apply for extension of load and completes other formalities.
TEMPORARY DISCONNECTION ON CONSUMER'S REQUEST
In case a consumer shifts to some other location or intends to get disconnected the supply due to any reason, the temporary disconnection of supply may be allowed on consumer
request, for a maximum period of eleven months subject to the following:-
- That the consumer has paid the final bill up to the day immediately preceding the
intended date of request for temporary disconnection.
- That exemption in payment of minimum/fixed charges will be admissible for the
actual period of disconnection.
- That no reconnection fees shall be charged if the consumer applies for reconnection within seven days after the expiry of disconnection period.
- After the expiry of the period allowed for disconnection, the minimum/fixed charges will be applicable even if the consumer does not apply for reconnection
and does not use electricity. In case the consumer defaults in payment of the future bills, the connection may be disconnected and equipment installed at the
premises may be removed after service of notice as per disconnection procedure. Restoration of supply to such a premises shall also be governed as per the Reconnection Policy.
PERMANENT DISCONNECTION ON CONSUMER'S REQUEST
A consumer who intends to get the premises disconnected permanently shall apply to the concerned load sanctioning officer, who will arrange the final electricity bill from the
Revenue Officer/AM (CS). After payment of final electricity bill, the load sanctioning officer will issue permanent disconnection order. Disconnection for consumers supply shall
be effected through ERO to avoid misuse of electricity after permanent disconnection. The permanently disconnected consumer will not be responsible for misuse of electric supply
from the facility if not removed by DISCO (DISCO to insert its name) after permanent disconnection.